Dr. Perin W. Diana is a is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist in Port Royal, South Carolina and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area. Dr. Diana holds medical licenses in both South Carolina and Connecticut. He has been in practice for more than 20 years. Dr. Diana is married with 3 children.
Education and Training
- Tufts University, BS degree: 1965
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, M.D. degree: 1969 Greenwich hospital, internship: 1969-1970
- Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat hospital, ophthalmology residency 1973-1976
Consulting ophthalmologist for all military forces in the Far East and their dependents.
Beaufort memorial Hospital, Mid State Medical Center in Conn.
- Produced a teaching film on insertion of intraocular lenses for ophthalmology residents
- Ophthalmology resident instructor University of Conn Health Center instructor of 4th-year medical students: university of Conn medical students
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Tufts University Society of Scholars
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Medical Society, Univ of Penn School of medicine
- Oliver Memorial Prize in ophthalmology Univ of Penn school of medicine
- AMA physician recognition award for continuing medical education
Previous Staff Positions
- President of Medical Staff, Bradley Memorial Hospital 1987-1988
- Chief Dept. of Ophthalmology, Bradley Memorial Hospital 1977-1999
- Assistant to Harold Scheie, M.D., Chief, Dept. of Ophthalmology
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 1969
- Results of lridectomy in Narrow Angle Glaucoma
- Use of Hydroxycobalamine in the treatment of Toxic Amblyopia
- Use of Epinephrine Compounds in the Treatment of Open-Angle Glaucoma
Established free clinics in Ophthalmology in Fairfax,S.C. and Ridgeland, S.C.
General Ophthalmology including cataract evaluation, glaucoma, retinal disease, laser surgery and plastic surgery
Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery including eyelid procedures, facial deformities, skin cancer of the face and eyelids, surgery on tear duct abnormalities, orbital tumors, skin grafts, and Botox injections.